Koala Advisory Council
The Queensland Government appointed the Koala Advisory Council to work collaboratively in developing the South East Queensland Koala Conservation Strategy 2020–2025.
The formation of the Council was one of the recommendations of the Koala Expert Panel.
The role of the Koala Advisory Council includes:
- helping deliver the Strategy and overseeing its implementation
- evaluating the effectiveness of the Strategy and providing advice to government
- reviewing the Queensland government's koala monitoring and evaluation program to ensure targets are met
- ensuring transparency and public reporting on koala programs and changes to habitat
- establishing stakeholder networks
- ensuring the long-term agenda for koala conservation is maintained.
Members of the Council include:
- Mr Mark Townend, CEO Spinal Life Australia and former CEO, RSPCA (Chair)
- Associate Professor Jonathan Rhodes, University of Queensland, and Chair of the former Koala Expert Panel
- Mr Al Mucci, University of Queensland, School of Agriculture and Food Sciences
- Ms Kirsty Chessher-Brown, CEO, Urban Development Institute of Australia Queensland
- Dr Ludo Valenza, Director, Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital
- Ms Julie McLellan, Executive Officer, Healthy Land and Water
- Mr Cameron Costello, Costello Consulting
- Ms Marina Vit, Chief Operating Officer, MOSAIC Property Group
- Mr Mick Stephens, CEO, Timber Queensland
- Representatives from Queensland Government agencies, including the Department of Environment and Science; Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Industry and Planning; Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships; and the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Endorsed meeting minutes from the Koala Advisory Council.
- Meeting minutes – 5 August 2020
- Meeting minutes – 17 June 2020
- Meeting minutes – 29 April 2020
- Meeting minutes – 15 April 2020
- Meeting minutes – September 2019
- Meeting minutes – July 2019
- Meeting minutes – May 2019
- Meeting minutes – April 2019
- Meeting minutes – March 2019