The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Frequently asked questions
What extra precautions are you taking to ensure visitor safety?
As part of our COVID-19 safety plan, we have implemented some changes to ensure we follow Queensland Government guidelines — these include:
- If you are feeling unwell or displaying flu like symptoms, please rest up at home and visit when you’re better. Management reserve the right of refusal for entry to visitors that do not adhere to COVID-19 safe requirements.
- Bookings are managed through an online booking platform.
- Social distancing measures are in place — we have installed signage, floor markings and hand sanitising stations to help you practice social distancing and maintain good hygiene.
- Enhanced cleaning, particularly in our high contact areas and bathrooms.
- Area specific signage with maximum visitor numbers.
- Changes to operating hours (4 visitation sessions limited to 50 minutes each).
We will continue to monitor the latest advice and update this information as it becomes available.
Are there any changes to experiences?
During the temporary COVID-19 closure our team has been busy with centre upgrades, however the ‘high-touch’ exhibits – including all interactive displays will remain closed.
What if I can’t book online? How are you managing ‘at the door’ tickets?
There are a limited number of tickets available each day which can be booked at the door by your mobile device via a booking platform, however availability is not guaranteed. Bookings close at the commencement of each session. If you need assistance or do not have access to the booking platform when you visit us, please ask a staff member to assist you. We highly recommended that you pre-book your tickets online before you arrive to avoid disappointment.
Do I need to book tickets online for children under 4 years of age?
Yes, every person entering the centre needs to be accounted for in your booking – even babes in arms! All children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
Can I book in an organised group or a school group?
Yes. All bookings will need to comply with COVID-19 guidelines for group numbers (maximum 30) to ensure social distancing and visitor safety. Please enquire about planning a group booking via email at email@example.com.
How far in advance can I book?
Bookings are available up to one month in advance.
Do I need to cancel our booking?
Yes. Please be kind and cancel your booking so that we can make your tickets available for other visitors.
Who do I contact if I have found injured wildlife?
Please contact RSPCA Queensland on 1300 264 625.
Where can I find further information?
Please visit our website for the latest updates.
I have further questions?
You can contact the koala centre on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: (07) 3078 3101.