We are happy to announce the winners of our photographic competition, celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Fraser Island’s (K’gari) inscription on the World Heritage List.
After receiving 354 outstanding entries across the three categories – Flora and Fauna; Sand and Water; and Landscapes – a winner and two runners up were selected from each category.
Winners and runners up
Category 1: Flora and Fauna (Judges – World Heritage Unit, Department of Environment and Science)
- Winner: Ghost crab – Susie Thompson
- Second: Strangler fig – Maree Edmiston–Prior
- Third: Wedge-tailed eagles at Sandy Cape – Garry Hewitt
Category 2: Sand and Water (Judge - Gary Cranitch, Photographer, Queensland Museum)
- Winner: Aerial of 4WD on beach – Luke Simpson
- Second: Aerial of shipwreck – Luke Simpson
- Third: Aerial of estuary – Luke Simpson
Category 3: Landscapes (Judge - Ranger Robert Ashdown, Photographer, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, Department of Environment and Science)
- Winner: The Ghostly Maheno– Ally Wilson
- Second: Moonlit McKenzie – Luke Simpson
- Third: Night sky with Rainbow Beach glow – James Dobson
View the winning and runners up photos in our ‘Snap Up Some Paradise’ photo gallery below.
Thank you to everyone who entered and congratulations to our winners.