Research and science partnerships
The department and other Queensland agencies are involved in a range of projects relating to management of water quality and waterways. Many of these are multi-disciplinary partnerships involving government, regional NRM bodies, science providers, industry, community and other parties. Please explore the links below to find out more.
Great Barrier Reef
For information on major policy and planning initiatives relating to the Great Barrier Reef refer to:
- Queensland Government - Protecting the Great Barrier Reef
- Reef Water Quality Science Program
- Reef 2050 Water Quality Improvement Plan (Reef 2050 WQIP)
- Reef 2050 Long-Term Sustainability Plan (Reef 2050 Plan)
- Regional report card partnerships.
Water quality improvement plans
For information on water quality improvement plans undertaken in Great Barrier Reef and Murray-Darling Basin catchments, refer to Water Quality Improvement Plans (WQIPs) and Healthy Waters Management Plans (HWMPs).