Environmental offset provider expression of interest form
Landholders in Queensland can nominate all or part of their property for environmental offsets through the expression of interest (EOI) process. See becoming an environmental offset provider for more details.
To assist you with identifying the environmental values on your property you can use the free Environmental reports online service. The reports provide information on specific environmental values by location and are emailed to you, these might help with completing this form. You can also access information about South East Queensland koala habitat areas and koala priority areas by visiting Queensland Globe.
We are collecting your personal information to register you on a database of interested persons so the Department of Environment and Science (department) can contact you:
- about delivering environmental offsets, including advanced offsets registration, and priority environmental values (which change over time depending on what environmental values are being impacted)
- to provide you with information about interested parties and local governments who have contacted the department with enquiries about your listed potential environmental offset site
- asking for feedback on the effectiveness of this expression of interest process.
The following details you provide will be made publicly available via the List of Potential Environmental Offset Sites:
- local government area in which the potential environmental site is located
- the approximate size of the potential environmental offset site
- the environmental values believed to be at the potential environmental offset site.
In the event that interested parties contact the department with an enquiry about your listed site, we will only provide information which is publicly available on the List of Potential Environmental Offset Sites. We will then notify you and you may choose to engage with the interested party at your own discretion.
Your expression of interest and registration information may be shared with the relevant local government to the extent necessary in order to ensure correct property information and to facilitate contacts from interested parties. All local governments in Queensland are bound to comply with the Information Privacy Act 2009. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information without your consent unless authorised or required by law. You will be able to opt-out from receiving information, or be removed from our contact register, at any time by emailing the Offsets Policy team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more privacy information see the department’s privacy page.