The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Maps of environmentally sensitive areas
This page enables you to select an area of interest and obtain a geographical map in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) that can be emailed to a valid email address.
- Information shown on the map includes selected environmentally sensitive areas as described in the Environmental Protection Regulation 2019, selected tenures relevant to resource activities (Environmental Protection Act 1994) towns and roads.
- Some environmentally sensitive area categories may obscure other category A, B and C environmentally sensitive areas in the map.
- Visual ordering of items does not necessarily reflect ordering as indicated by the legend.
- Map elements include a scalebar, locality diagram, legend and graticule showing latitudes and longitudes.
- The maps are A3 portrait but can be printed at any size.
Tips for searching by central coordinates
- Only one tenure type can be entered for each map.
- The coordinates have to be in decimal degrees.
- The coordinates relate to the central position of an area of interest.
- The map will be produced at a scale of 1:100,000 (original A3) when the ‘find location by central coordinates’ option is selected.
Tips for searching by tenure number
- Only the selected tenure parcel of interest will be displayed in the provided map.
- If you need a map showing a ‘Petroleum pipeline licence’ or ‘Petroleum survey licence’ or wish to view only a portion of a large tenure, you need to use the ‘find location by central coordinates’ option.
- The tenure number field requires only the tenure number, e.g. 14204. There is no need to enter the tenure type prefix, e.g. EPM, with the tenure number.
- If the tenure number is invalid you will receive an email advising that the request for a map has failed.
GeoResGlobe allows you to identify resource opportunities across Queensland.
- provides you with access to view, query and analyse mines spatial information in an integrated, user friendly interface
- allows you to zoom, pan, search and display geological data with mining and exploration permit information for the whole of Queensland
- links to Queensland Digital Exploration Reports (QDEX Reports) systems, allowing you to list company reports for your project area based on historic exploration permits.
The Department of Environment and Science collects personal information from you, including your email address.
We collect this information to provide the requested maps and reports.
We will only use your information for this purpose. It will otherwise not be used or disclosed unless authorised or required by law. Your personal information will be handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009.