Other relevant documents
The list below contains publications that are not ERA specific. To access publications relevant to an individual ERA, select from the list of categories on the left of the web page.
NOTE: This list does not include publications that are specific to mining or petroleum activities.
Applications and processing
Environmental authority administration
- Application for a review of original decision when sufficient information has not been supplied ESR/2015/1739—(formerly EM29)
- Which officers review original decisions—EM65
- Annual return for a transitional environmental program—EM667
ERA standards, which include eligibility criteria and standard conditions, have been developed for low risk activities. A standard application process applies. Activities that have an ERA standard are listed below.
If your activity is on the list, you should check that you can meet the eligibility criteria, and comply with the activity's standard conditions.
- ERA 2(1)(a)—Intensive animal feedlotting >150 to 1000 standard cattle units—Version 2—ESR/2015/1570 (formerly EM153)
- ERA 2(2)(a)—Intensive animal feedlotting >1000 to 10,000 standard sheep units—Version 2—ESR/2015/1701 (formerly EM155)
- ERA 3(1)—Keeping >400 to 3500 standard pig units—Version 2—ESR/2015/1707 (formerly EM156)
- ERA 4(1)—Poultry farming >1000 to 200,000 birds—Version 2—ESR/2015/1706 (formerly EM170)
- ERA 7(1)—Chemical manufacturing >200 cubic metres of water based paint in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1697 (formerly EM210)
- ERA 7(3)(a)—Chemical manufacturing >200 tonnes of soap, surfactants or cleaning or toiletry products in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1700 (formerly EM211)
- ERA 13(2)—Retreading tyres—Version 2—ESR/2015/1705 (formerly EM212)
- ERA 16(2)(a)—Extracting 5000 to 100,000 tonnes of material in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1711 (formerly EM216)
- ERA 16(3)(a)—Screening 5000 to 100,000 tonnes of material in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1704 (formerly EM276)
- ERA 16(3)(b)—Screening >100,000 to 1 million tonnes of material in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1703 (formerly EM280)
- ERA 16(3)(c)—Screening > 1 million tonnes of material in a year – Version 2—ESR/2015/1702 (formerly EM284)
- ERA 23—Bottling or canning 200 tonnes or more of food in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1713 (formerly EM285)
- ERA 25(1)(a)—Meat processing, not including rendering, 1000 to 5000 tonnes of meat or meat products in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1712 (formerly EM289)
- ERA 25(2)(a)—Meat processing, including rendering, 1000 to 5000 tonnes of meat or meat products in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1714 (formerly EM286)
- ERA 26—Milk processing—Version 2—ESR/2015/1708 (formerly EM299)
- ERA 29(2)—Metal foundry, producing 50 tonnes or more of non-ferrous metal castings using permanent moulds in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1709 (formerly EM1136)
- ERA 38(2)—Surface coating, painting or powder coating using >100 tonnes of surface coating materials in a year—Version 2—ESR/2015/1699 (formerly EM1213)
- ERA 57—Regulated waste transport—Version 2—ESR/2018/4202
- ERA 63(1)(a)(i)—Sewage treatment works with total daily peak design capacity of 21 to 100 equivalent persons if treated effluent is discharged through an irrigation scheme – Version 2—ESR/2015/1710 (formerly EM1215)
- ERA 63(3)—Sewage pump station—Version 1—ESR/2015/1669 (formerly EM732)
Codes of environmental compliance as environmental authority conditions
An environmental authority may include conditions from a code of environmental compliance. Copies of these conditions are available at:
- Environmentally relevant activity 16 (Extractive and screening activities) version 6 (applicable for approvals applied for up to and including 8 November 2012)—EM224
- Environmentally relevant activity 16 (Extractive and screening activities) version 7 (applicable for approvals applied for from 9 November 2012 to 5 December 2013)—EM730
- Environmentally relevant activity 57 (Regulated waste transport) version 3 (applicable for approvals applied for up to and including 8 November 2012)—EM130
- Environmentally relevant activity 57 (Regulated waste transport) version 4 (applicable for approvals applied for from 9 November 2012 up to and including 28 June 2018 )—ESR/2015/1670
These conditions do not apply for new applications for these activities. ERA standards (consisting of eligibility criteria and standard conditions) apply for new operations for these activities. ERA standards are available above (also available from the Business Queensland website by searching for activities suitable for standard applications).
- Work diary for a mobile and temporary operator—ESR/2015/1696 (formerly EM31)
- Procedural guide—Standard work method for the assessment of the lawfulness of releases to waters from construction sites in South East Queensland—EM1135
- Summary sheet—Standard work method for the assessment of the lawfulness of releases to waters from construction sites in South East Queensland—EM1137
Orphan incident clean up
The orphan incident clean up scheme will reimburse local governments for cleaning up material or serious environmental harm incidents where the polluter cannot be pursued and the requirements of the information sheet are met.
- Application for reimbursement for orphan incident clean-up—ESR/2015/1648 (formerly EM17)
- Information sheet—Reimbursement scheme for orphan incidents—ESR/2015/1656 (formerly EM18)