Arrow Energy environmental authority amendment application (A-EA-AMD-100138467)
- Arrow CSG (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Existing environmental authority (EA) amendment application
- Existing EA: EA0001401
- 6 October 2021
- Petroleum and gas
- Chinchilla area
Local government area
- Western Downs Regional Council
- Amendment of existing EA for the petroleum lease site (tenure number PL253), known as Hopeland, near Chinchilla.
- The application will expand the proponent’s existing coal seam gas activities.
- It proposes an additional 55 wells, gathering pipelines and other associated activities.
- Arrow Energy’s EA amendment has been assessed by the department as a major amendment as it proposes to increase the surface area of the existing activities by more than 10% and involves a significant increase in the scale of the activity. The application will undergo a public notification stage following the conclusion of the information stage.
- The former Linc Energy site is not included in Arrow Energy’s EA. However, the amendment application includes areas in proximity to it.
Application and supporting documents
Application and supporting documents can be viewed by searching the Petroleum and gas lease applications or amendment table on the department’s website.
The specific application can be found by filtering the table by applicant name, tenure number or a number of other fields.
The process for the assessment of this project is as follows:
- Application stage
EA application (or amendment application) submitted to department
- Information request stage
Department may request further information from applicant
- Public notification stage
Public can view the EA application (or amendment application) and provide feedback
- Decision stage
Department decides whether to approve EA application (or amendment application)
Key dates summary
- 6 October 2021—Application received by department
- 21 October 2021—Assessment level decision and information stage
- 30 June 2022—Response to information request due
Have your say
Public submissions relating to the application will be open at the conclusion of the information stage.
- Frequently asked questions
- For enquiries relating to this EA amendment application submit an online enquiry using the contact us form on the department’s website or contact the department on 13 QGOV.
- For enquiries about environmental monitoring in the Chinchilla area, submit an online enquiry using contact us form or contact the department on 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- For general enquiries relating to the former Linc Energy site can be directed to the Department of Resources on 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- To view approved EAs, visit the environmental authorities register on the Queensland Government website.