The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Forms and applications
To conduct a mining activity you will need to register as a suitable operator, and you will require an environmental authority (EA). You can apply to be registered as a suitable operator online through Online Services at www.des.qld.gov.au/onlineservices.
Alternatively, you can apply using the form Application to be a registered suitable operator—ESR/2015/1771, which is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or phoning 1300 130 372 and selecting option 4.
New EA applications for mining activities relating to a mining lease can be completed through Online Services after completing a tenure application through the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy’s MyMinesOnline service.
Alternatively, the application forms for standard, variation or site-specific application for mining activities are available on the Business Queensland website.
For advice about applications for environmental authorities contact Permit and Licence Management:
Phone: 1300 130 372 (and select option four)
Information regarding an application for an EA for an environmentally relevant activity can be found using the form and fee finder available on www.business.qld.gov.au.
Some forms are not yet available on Online Services or the Business Queensland website. These have been provided below:
- Application to prepare a voluntary environmental impact statement—ESR/2016/2160 (formerly EM1895)
- Amendment or replacement of an original environmental impact statement (EIS)—ESR/2016/2186 (formerly EM562)
Forms prior to 31 March 2013
Forms and notices for actions that relate to applications commenced prior to 31 March 2013 should use the following forms:
- Notice of objection to mining lease or mining claim tenement grant or application or amendment application for environmental authority (mining lease or mining claim)—ESR/2015/1620 (formerly EM512)
- Notice to Land Court of withdrawal of an objection (after objection period): application or amendment application for environmental authority (mining lease or mining claim)—ESR/2016/1926 (formerly EM514)
- Withdrawal of an objection to an application or amendment application for environmental authority (mining lease or mining claim) prior to end of objection period—ESR/2016/1927 (formerly EM515)
- Statutory declaration for public notice requirements—ESR/2016/1924 (formerly EM510)