Guidelines and manuals
Amending an environmental authority
Approval processes for environmental authorities
This guideline outlines the different processes for applying for and managing an environmental authority for an environmentally relevant activity (for both prescribed environmentally relevant activities and resource activities).
- Guideline on financial assurance under the Environmental Protection Act 1994—ESR/2015/1758 (formerly EM1010)
Information to be provided to support an environmental authority application
- Application requirements for activities with impacts to air—ESR/2015/1840 (formerly EM960)
- Application requirements for activities with noise impacts—ESR/2015/1838 (formerly EM962)
- Application requirements for activities with impacts to land—ESR/2015/1839 (formerly EM961)
- Application requirements for activities with waste impacts—ESR/2015/1836 (formerly EM964)
- Application requirements for activities with impacts to water—ESR/2015/1837 (formerly EM963)
Noise manual and guidelines
Noise monitoring is undertaken by the Queensland Government for a variety of reasons; including the provision of information to government for policy and investment decision-making, to underpin environment management decisions by government and industry, and to assess impacts on the community and environment. The Noise Measurement Manual facilitates consistency and reliability of noise measurement.
This manual explains how to:
- Plan a noise measurement
- Take on-site source and background noise measurements
- Determine component levels by removing ambient noise
- Make adjustments to account for tonal and impulsive characteristics
- Report noise measurements.
Planning for noise control guideline is currently under review.