Applying for an environmental authority
Register as a suitable operator
You can apply to be registered as a suitable operator online through Connect at www.des.qld.gov.au/connect.
Alternatively, you can apply using the form Application to be a registered suitable operator—ESR/2015/1771, which is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or phoning 1300 130 372 and selecting option 4.
Environmental authority application forms
- Development application Form 1 - Application details—attachment for an application for an environmental authority—ESR/2015/1791 (formerly EM941)
- Application notice – public notice of an application for an environmental authority or major amendment to an environmental authority—ESR/2016/2378 (formerly EM896)
- Submission form—ESR/2015/1617 (formerly EM972)
- Statutory declaration form—ESR/2015/1622 (formerly EM971)
Review decision request
Converting existing development approval conditions into an environmental authority
- Application to convert existing conditions of a development approval into an environmental authority—ESR/2015/1720 (formerly EM1100)
Changing or complying with your environmental authority
Change the anniversary day
Use the fee calculator—ESR/2015/1731 (formerly EM1918) to calculate the fee payable.
Amend your environmental authority
You can apply to amend an environmental authority online through Connect at www.des.qld.gov.au/connect.
Alternatively, you can apply using the form Application to amend an environmental authority—ESR/2015/1733, which is available by emailing email@example.com, or phoning 1300 130 372 and selecting option 4.
An amendment application can be an application to convert all the conditions of an EA to standard conditions for the environmentally relevant activity.
If amending an EA results in an annual fee being payable that is higher than the annual fee payable prior to the amendment, then the difference between these fees (the supplementary annual fee) must be paid.
The supplementary annual fee is payable to your administering authority within 20 business days after an amendment application is approved.
Use the fee calculator—ESR/2015/1731 (formerly EM1918) to calculate the supplementary annual fee.
Amalgamate environmental authorities
- Amalgamated project or local government authority—Application to amalgamate two or more environmental authorities—ESR/2015/1735 (formerly EM879)
- Amalgamated corporate authority—Application to amalgamate two or more environmental authorities—ESR/2015/1734 (formerly EM789)
De-amalgamate environmental authorities
Transfer environmental authority holders
Surrender or suspend an environmental authority
- Application for surrender or partial surrender of an environmental authority—Resource Activity—ESR/2015/1751 (formerly EM1298)
- Application for surrender of an environmental authority—Prescribed environmentally relevant activity—ESR/2015/1719 (formerly EM1299)
- Rehabilitation report (surrender application)—ESR/2015/1616 (formerly EM872)
- Suspension application—ESR/2015/1728 (formerly EM902)
The voluntary suspension of an EA can be terminated early by giving notice, with the required fee, to the administering authority. Use the fee calculator—ESR/2015/1731 (formerly EM1918) to calculate the fee payable.
Convert transitional environmental authority to standard conditions of approval
- Application to convert transitional authority to standard conditions of approval—ESR/2015/1794 (formerly EM943)
- Application for decision on the amount and form of financial assurance—ESR/2015/1754 (formerly EM910)
- Application to amend or discharge financial assurance held for an environmental authority—ESR/2015/1752 (formerly EM875)
Progressive rehabilitation and certification
- Application to request certification of progressive rehabilitation—ESR/2015/1563 (formerly EM891)
- Rehabilitation report (progressive rehabilitation application)—ESR/2015/1616 (formerly EM872)